Sunday, December 25, 2005

Big Bash For Christmas




If you're really good, Santa brings you a cup of Oreo Cookie Bash! I guess I was really good then, because my husband Jim made it for Christmas. Actually he's been making it every other week since Thanksgiving because I LOVE the stuff.

I had it for the first time back in September at my cousin's baby shower. The lady who made it was kind enough to share the recipe with me. Okay, I begged, whined and damn near threatened her, but hey: It's THAT good.

It goes by many names: Cookie Pudding, The Cookie Monster... whatever you call it, it's delicious! In the spirit of the season, here's the recipe. Don't say I didn't warn you:


Recipe for Oreo Cookie Bash
1. Crush 1 1/4 lb of Oreo's- set aside
2. Cream 1 stick butter, 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar
3. Mix 3 1/2 cups milk and 2 pkgs of French Vanilla Instant Pudding and 16 oz. Cool Whip
Mix #2 into #3 and beat together- refrigerate to set. Once set, use a trifle bowl and start layering with Oreo cookie crumbs, then pudding then Oreos, etc.
Start and end with Oreos!
Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: