Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Sunday, January 23, 2005
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to make sure this man has a nice warm house to live in?
"Those countdown shows are my guilty pleasure. I was so happy and surprised to see you. You were funny, gorgeous and on top of your game. So proud to see you doing your thing."
-- R. Harris (VH1's 40 Outrageous Hair Moments premiered on 1/14/05)
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Friday, January 21, 2005
The evening also featured the incredible poetry of Renee Gardner and the amazing music of gospel group Anaiah! (I, who can't carry a tune with a forklift, listened in awe as these women sang with nothing less than the voices of angels!)
The event was superbly hosted by Mount Jezreel's own Ms. Kerry Parker, who's immense spirit, effervescent personality and great sense of humor set the tone for a wonderful evening. (I don't know what Kerry does for a living, but I think she'd do quite well if she ever decided to take the stage as a standup comedian.)
This kick off event raised $1,000, which will go to local women's shelter.
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
On Friday, January 14, I performed once again at Winthrop University! www.winthrop.edu/studentaffairs/dsu/
Recently voted Best College Programming Board of 2003 - 2004, it's easy to see why. The students are great, the hospitality is stellar and the Director of Campus Programs, Boyd Jones, (pictured above) is THE BEST.
Being out on the road can be tough, but when you perform at Winthrop they treat you like family (a functional, loving family). They go out of their way to make you feel right at home. It was GREAT to be back!
My Sorority Sisters of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.*, www.sgrho1922.org/index2.html came out to see the show the Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC, on Friday, January 14, 2005! Members of the undergraduate chapter, Lambda Kappa, presented me with a beautiful vase of flowers. The graduate chapter, Beta Omicron Sigma, gave me a wondeful royal blue goodie bag stuffed with, well... goodies!
My Sisters of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.* www.sgrho1922.org/index2.html turned out to see me perform at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta, Georgia, on Wednesday, January 12, 2005! Special thanks go to Soror Felicia Blakeney who wasted no time in getting the word out about my upcoming appearances!
THANK YOU SORORS!
* Leighann Lord has been a member of Sigma Gamma Rho since 1988!
Monday, January 10, 2005
Friday, January 7, 2005
The debut issue features an article about women in comedy, and yes, I'm included! It's a must read for comedy fans. For more details go to www.twodrinkmin.com.
Saturday, January 1, 2005
I am looking forward to a great 2005, especially since 2004 was pretty amazing. Some of the professional highlights include:
- Performing in the Boston Comedy Festival, the Montreal Comedy Festival and the New York City Underground Comedy Festival
- Performing at The Comedy Store in London
- Getting New Headshots
- Seeing The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Comedy Writing, written by my husband Jim Mendrinos, hit book store shelves.
- Working with Carnival Cruise Lines
- Hosting a show during the Ladies of Laughter Competition
- Showcasing at the NACA South Conference
- Performing at the Friar’s Club
- Performing at the 2nd Annual Comedy Week at The Greenhouse Spa!
- Signing with Paradigm
- Hosting the NYC Comedy Showcase!
- Appearing on Comedy Central’s Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn
- Taping the World Stands Up in London for Comedy Central