Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Tis The Season!

Well, the holiday party season has begun! Last night was the very well attended Improv Comedy Club/New York Comedy Club/Boston Comedy Club party held, of course, at the Improv. Food, drinks, music, singing, dancing! A very nice start to the season if I say so myself.

The highlight of the evening was Saranne Rothberg of Comedy Cures gifting me with a LIVE LAUGH LOVE pin! To my chagrin, I've wanted one for ages, but the order form is gathering dust on my desk. The ComedyCures Foundation is a national non-profit organization bringing joy, laughter and therapeutic humor programs to kids & grown-ups living with illness, depression, trauma and disabilities. To learn more about Comedy Cures please visit the website www.comedycures.org. Better yet, log on and get a pin. They're beautiful and help a very worth cause.

Other party highlights:
  • Seeing the very funny and talented Billy Wade!
  • Reminiscing about the old New York Comedy Club on 48th Street (Ah, I remember it well!)
  • Hearing Rick belt it out. The man is funny AND he can SING.
  • Talking with Laura about the joys of shopping and why every girl should have feather boa. (It's on my Christmas/Kwanzaa, Epiphany List along with a tiara.)
Tonight's shing dig is one of my favorites: The Steinberg Talent Holiday Party at BAR 1335 East 13th Street @ University Place. Always fun. See you there!

No comments: