Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cruisin' In Alabama


Check it out! I had the pleasure of driving this baby to my show at Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama. I usually don’t like driving. I much prefer to be picked up from the airport. I’m not spoiled. Okay, I’m spoiled. But I don’t like the hassle of renting a car or spending the extra money. If that makes me thrifty [read: cheap] and a touch spoiled, so be it.

Anyway, I reserved a compact car for $19.99, but when I got there, Enterprise was all out. They upgraded me – at no charge – to this Mitsubishi Spider Convertible. As you can tell, it’s technically still a compact, but not quite in the same league as the Geo Metro I was supposed to get.
Driving in the Spider, I didn’t even know myself. Actually, it gave me the opportunity to get to know myself better as I dropped the top and pumped Prince’s Musicology. (Old school joint for the true funk soldiers!) Who’s the Diva? Yes, y’all: Sunglasses on, Sisterlocks blowing in the wind. I drove to The Cracker Barrel in style!

I don’t know if I’ll be able to go back to my little reliable ‘94 Honda Civic. Oh dear.

No comments: